Eagles fire Doug Pederson Twitter reacts

• 186 posts
    February 17, 2023 11:19 PM EST

Doug Pederson was on Monday following a meeting with team bra s. This comes just three years after Pederson helped guide the to their first title in franchise history." Philadelphia Flyers Men Jersey I have spent the last few weeks evaluating everything from this past year and looking ahead," Eagles owner and CEO Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement following the decision. "We are all very disappointed with the way our season went and are eager to turn things around, not just for next season but for the future of our franchise. Coach Pederson and I had the opportunity to sit down and discu s what that collective vision would look like moving forward. After taking some time Chris Bigras Jersey to reflect on these conversations, I believe it is both in our best interests to part ways."I have known Doug and his family for over 20 years and they will always be family to me. ... We all look forward to the day he will be inducted to the Eagles Hall of Fame as a Super Bowl-winning head coach and we are confident he will have succe s with his next team. But as the leader of this organization, it is imperative for me to do what I believe is best for everyone as we look ahead to the future as we look ahead to the future and move into our next chapter. I know that we have work to do to get back to where we want to be, but I also believe that we have an exceptionally strong group of people in this organization who can set us up for future succe s." Pederson becomes the first Super Bowl-winning head coach to be fired within three years of achieving the honor. The Baltimore fired head coach Don McCafferty in 1973 after he had led the franchise to a Super Bowl title in 1970.The firing of Pederson was something Travis Konecny Jersey that developed quickly. Reports surfaced Sunday stating that Pederson could still be let go following a meeting with the team on Monday. As should come as no Dale Weise Jersey surprise, quite a few players and personalities had strong opinions regarding the Eagles decision. Love you coach Zach Ertz (@ZERTZ_86) I appreciate Doug Pederson. We worked hard & he never flinched. His energy+ attitude was a big part of 2017. Hoping the champ gets back on his feet quickly. I suspect he will. hydrated king chris long (@JOEL9ONE) No matter who is the next head coach, Carson Wentz has to make some significant changes of his own. The new head coach doesn't owe Wentz anything, but will get the chance to resurrect his career Carter Hart Men Jersey . Jeff Kerr (@JeffKerrCBS) The Eagles endle sly churning through a bunch of former Andy Reid a sistants has a very 90's stalker movie vibe to it. Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) new head coach inherits a me s at the QB position, and whatever call he makes better be the right one. This is the equivalent of being asked to mop the floor after the previous resident put a cherry bomb in the toilet....before flushing it. Patrik No C Walker (@VoiceOfTheStar) 2018: Eagles unveil statue of Nick Foles, Doug Pederson2021: Neither one with team Pick Six Podcast (@picksixpod)